Pithy Comments

In youth, it was a way I had, To do my best to please, And change, with every passing lad, To suit his theories. But now I know the things I know, And do the things I do; And if you do not like me so, To hell, my love, with you! --Dorothy Parker

Friday, June 02, 2006

Run, hottie, RUN!

There are many reasons that I love living in D.C.: the energy, diversity, culture, shopping and clubbing. But the one thing that makes me love DC and be ever grateful that I moved here is this: Male joggers!

Nothing makes DC traffic enjoyable quite like a half-dressed hottie, sweat glistening off his sculpted upper body as he does the jog-in-place thing waiting for the light to change. So far Georgetown and Connecticut Ave. have provided the best scenery for my commute. While no traffic accidents have been caused by my ogling, I have been the recipient of a few honkings and have been known to stick my head out the window for a better look.

It always saddens me when the weather changes and the joggers layering on the clothing. But as some consider robins prancing in a yard (and the eventual crapping on your car) or flowers blooming as a sign that spring cometh, the first half-dressed hottie sighting means winter is over for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger mariela said...

don't know what possessed me to check out my blog and those of my former Words and Images classmates, but imagine my surprise when I got to yours and you've actually been blogging! I love it! Thanks for this entry, made me laugh out loud and realize you and I are not that different ;) I love the scenery too!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home