Pithy Comments

In youth, it was a way I had, To do my best to please, And change, with every passing lad, To suit his theories. But now I know the things I know, And do the things I do; And if you do not like me so, To hell, my love, with you! --Dorothy Parker

Friday, June 02, 2006

The Dip

For those of you at the PBDS 601 therapy session held at Mariela's, here's the recipe for The Dip. If you missed The Dip, you missed a beautiful thing!
This recipe is for a 4qt. casserole dish, so tweak the ingredients accordingly if you want more or less.


3 pkgs. of cream cheese-8oz each
1 jar salsa (Newman's Own Tequila Lime salsa is my fave)
2 bunches of green onions
1 bunch of cilantro
4 cups of shredded cheese

Soften the cream cheese. (Microwave works best, but be careful not to melt it). In a bowl or the casserole dish, mix a few tablespoons of salsa with the cream cheese. Spread cream cheese/salsa mix in casserole dish, covering completely.

Pour remaining salsa on top of cream cheese. Add more salsa if you like. (I only use one jar b/c the lid of the 2nd jar of salsa would not come off! Seriously, 30 mins. of squeezing, twisting, sweating, cursing and gentle whacking on the counter did not work. Stupid jar)

Finely chop green onions. Spread over salsa.
Finely chop the cilantro. Mix 3/4 of the cilantro with the green onions.
Spread shredded cheese on top of greens.
Sprinkle remaining cilantro on top of cheese. I did it in a line across the top.
That's it!

You can add anything else to the dip. Fresh tomatoes have a tendency to make the dip watery, so be careful with that. You will need the Tostito's Gold chips as this is a thick dip.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home