Pithy Comments

In youth, it was a way I had, To do my best to please, And change, with every passing lad, To suit his theories. But now I know the things I know, And do the things I do; And if you do not like me so, To hell, my love, with you! --Dorothy Parker

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Show and Tell:How To


You must admire my restraint. We've been in class too many weeks to mention and this is my first bellydance show and tell!

Rachel Brice is a tribal belly dancer. Tribal is a fusion dance of traditional bellydance and dances from Africa, Asia and just about everywhere else. It's a little more goth and dark than regular belly dance.

All that to say, this DVD, Tribal Fusion - Yoga Isolations & Drills for Bellydance, teaches Yoga moves to stretch your body and then focuses on techniques, such as hip drops and chest lifts. You won't be a great belly dancer after watching this, but you will be able to make your chest do this cool "pop." If you've ever pass me on the Beltway, you'll more than likely see me practicing that move. Truckers looooove me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home