Pithy Comments

In youth, it was a way I had, To do my best to please, And change, with every passing lad, To suit his theories. But now I know the things I know, And do the things I do; And if you do not like me so, To hell, my love, with you! --Dorothy Parker

Friday, June 02, 2006

ok, maybe not...

So here I am, eating my words. (mmmm...needs salt)

I am blogging of my own free will. After getting the feedback from my fellow 601 inmates, I started thinking about blogging outside of class requirements. Knowing that blog upkeep wasn't something that was on my To-Do list but could now be on my Fun List appealed to me.

This has been the first time I have been able to write for an audience just for the sake of writing. Until now, all my writing had either been academic or for a newspaper; my verbal voice was still there, but slightly hindered.

Here I don't really have any rules to follow. I can write freely without worrying about a grade. I like that. I am still paranoid about some slacker hijacking my work and passing it off as his, but I'm sure I'd catch the brain-dead sycophant that tried. Do you really want to piss off a Colombian who has easy access to a machete, slacker?

I can't promise how often I will post, but quality over quantity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home