Pithy Comments

In youth, it was a way I had, To do my best to please, And change, with every passing lad, To suit his theories. But now I know the things I know, And do the things I do; And if you do not like me so, To hell, my love, with you! --Dorothy Parker

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Popularity issues

Ok...truth is I really don't like blogging. It's too popular. I like the idea being able to put my writing up for people to read and give feedback, but everybody is doing it. I have no problem with those who blog; it is just to 'in' right now for me to partake.

Last spring/summer everyone (ok, all the girls....and some cross-dressers) were wearing those linen peasant skirts, the long gauzy types. I love those hippie-esque skirts. I bought one in May and stuck it in my closet. Around October or November when people moved on to gauchos, I flounced around in my skirt. (as a side note...gauchos? Seriously. Why spend hours at a gym to cover the work with elongated culottes? These are the kind of pants that fundie-Christian girls wear when they rebel but feel guilty about it.)

Point is, I hate conformity. And if that means being a fashion season behind, so be it.
Granted, I am now blogging...as part of my class requirements. Who knows, by the end of the semester I may have gotten over my popularity issues and will love blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home